Saturday, March 14, 2009

Backpacking

In outdoor pursuits this week, we started talking about all the things we will need for our backpacking trip at the end of the month. We also talked about all that could go wrong including hypothermia and ways to prevent it. One of the easiest ways is not to wear any cotton and layer yourself accordingly. I'm really worried that it's going to rain just because we all know that we don't want it to, ha! I believe we're going to Allegheny for it. I was astonished when he told us that we'd have to bring our own food because I have no clue what in the world to bring. I usually pack for a week and a half when I'm going somewhere for a weekend so I have no idea how I'll be able to managa packing just enough for a backpack! Either way... I'm kind of excited about it!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have heard about this class and also the trip that goes along with it and I am excited to take it. I plan on taking it next semester and can't wait for the over night trip. I tend to over pack as well and know how u feel. I would also be worried about the rain because that always ruins a good camping trip. Hope you have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete